Introduction to Innovation Policy for Developing Countries
Course Delivery Dates
The aim of this e-learning course is to provide a basic introduction to innovation and innovation policy making. The course will discuss the concept of innovation policy, walk through pragmatic innovation strategies derived from principles and experiences, and discuss the government’s basic roles in innovation policy making.
After completing this course, each participant should have a concrete understanding of innovation and the major components of innovation policy, and be able to make policy recommendations for innovation policy reforms in his/her own country.
The course is organized into five modules that explore different aspects of innovation and innovation policy making. Each module incorporates the basic content of the topic covered, as well as cases that demonstrate how the particular content of interest is/was put into practice. Each module also includes quizzes, interactive exercises and moderated discussion forums that help participants measure what they have learned.
- Module 1: Understanding the basic concepts of innovation, and innovation policy. What roles does innovation play in our modern economy, and what are some of the key policy components of the innovation system?
- Module 2: Understanding the pragmatic innovation agenda. The module describes the pragmatic innovation agenda, why it is important, and the key policy considerations countries should keep in mind as they formulate their own pragmatic innovation agendas.
- Module 3: Exploring the role of education and research and development in fostering innovation. This module offers policy tools that practitioners can utilize to better promote education and research and development for innovation.
- Module 4: Government support and regulatory frameworks. This module addresses the role of government support in promoting innovation, the types of support governments may offer to entrepreneurs, and the regulatory adjustments and focuses governments must adopt in order to foster innovation.
- Module 5: Monitoring and evaluation systems for innovation policies. Through this module, participants will gain an understanding of the role of these systems in the national innovation framework, and what policies can be used to create effective monitoring and evaluation systems.
|Course Theme:||Growth and Competitiveness|
|Amount:||US $ 400|
|Contact Name:||Douglas Jimenez|