Municipal Finances - A Learning Program for Local Governments
|Course Theme:||Innovative Solutions for Cities|
|Sub-Theme:||Planning, Finance and Governance|
|Amount:||US $ 0 (Course is free of charge)|
“Municipal Finances, A Learning Program for Local Governments” takes side. It takes the side of mayors, municipal practitioners and staff. Few learning programs on this topic target local level decision-makers and financial staff in such a direct and pragmatic way. The content and key messages are geared to respond to daily concerns and issues faced by cities and municipalities in the management of their finances.
“Municipal Finances, A Learning Program for Local Governments” takes position. A lot has been learned on what works and what does not and yet every time we talk about finances, engage in policy discussions or project preparation, we tend to reinvent the wheel. Structured around eight modules, it spans the arc from decentralization to transparency and accountability and travels less charted waters of assets management, credit worthiness, response to financial crisis, reporting mechanisms to various levels of governments and citizens.
- Module 1: Intergovernmental Finances in a Decentralized World
- Module 2: Municipal Financial Management
- Module 3: Managing Local Revenues
- Module 4: Managing Local Expenditures
- Module 5: Managing Local Assets
- Module 6: Managing External Resources
- Module 7: Achieving Greater Transparency and Accountability: Measuring Municipal Finances performance
- Module 8: Metropolitan Governance and Finances
Local governments and municipal practitioners.